The 2018 Youth Employment Program – Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ)
2 Positions available – Deadline April 13, 2018
The Ukrainian Canadian Congress – Alberta Provincial Council is currently seeking well-organized, proactive, and ambitious individuals to fill the Summer positions of Community Outreach Worker and Communications Officer. As Alberta and the Ukrainian community evolve, so do the demands placed upon UCC-APC – the representative body for the province’s 350,000 Ukrainian Albertans.
The Community Outreach worker will help UCC-APC volunteers and staff to strengthen the link between the UCC-APC and the community in order to better serve Albertans and promote cooperation within community organizations.
The Communications Officer will assist with all social media, communications with the promotion of Ukrainian Day (August 19, 2018), and develop marketing strategies for the promotion of events and activities of UCC-APC.
To be eligible for a CSJ position you must be currently enrolled in full-time studies at a community college or university and returning to full-time studies in the following school term.
Duties will include:
- Act as a UCC-APC liaison to Ukrainian and other ethnic community organizations in Alberta;
- Support the staff and volunteers in planned provincial activities and events (Annual Ukrainian Day Festival and UCC-APC Hetman Volunteer Awards);
- Assist in marketing events and activities of UCC-APC;
- Solicit advertising for the Ukrainian Day booklet;
- Update existing databases and creating new lists;
- Assist with the design, preparation and distribution of Ukrainian Day Souvenir Program booklet and handbills;
- UCC-APC bi-weekly electronic Bulletin as they pertain to community events activities;
- Provide administrative support for day-to- day operations in the provincial office in Edmonton (phone calls, e-mails, ordering supplies, deposits, bills, correspondence) as they pertain to community events;
- Work cooperatively with UCC APC staff and volunteers.
- Effective communication skills (written and oral);
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Indesign;
- Knowledge of graphic design and / or web-site maintenance an asset;
- Awareness of Ukrainian and other ethic communities in Alberta, non-profit sector operations;
- Comfortable in dealing with volunteers and general public;
- Good organizational, time-management skills;
- Basic marketing skills, some experience in soliciting ads and sponsorships;
- Attentive to details, responsible, can work independently and report to supervisor;
- Proficient in English, and Ukrainian would be an asset.
Term: 14 weeks at 35 hrs per week. Hourly wage: $15.
Start date: May 7, 2018 or later
To apply: Please submit your one-page Resume with a cover letter electronically (Word or PDF files) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Slavka Shulakewych, Provincial Coordinator
Deadline for applications: April 13, 2018.
UCC-APC thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.